Incorporations registration number: A0057821R
ABN 54 754 767 674
Supporting individuals, families and care givers affected by a disorder of the corpus callosum (DCC)
Advocating: Developing effective partnerships with key service providers.
Uniting: Connecting people affected by a Disorder of the Corpus Callosum.
Supporting: Raising awareness through education, information, research and resources.
The purpose of the association is to operate AUS DOCC INC as a charitable institution founded to provide support for individuals, families and caregivers affected by a disorder of the corpus callosum (DCC).
- Support is offered through provision of relief to individuals, families and caregivers of the general public who are affected by a disorder of the corpus callosum.
- Relief is offered through advocating (raising community awareness, promoting inclusion), educating (broad based information), informing (resources including financial, emotional, therapeutic and social support networks) and connecting those affected by a diagnosis (reducing the impact of isolation experienced with a rare condition).
- The provision of broad based education to service providers including health care workers and other organisations will enable them to appropriately support individuals, families and caregivers affected by a DCC.
- Partnerships will be formed with key research organisations, who are completing ethically approved research focusing on DCC and through the completion of smaller scale data collection and a database of research volunteers.
- Raising community awareness of DCC will be a focal point.
- The Registered Charity Tick is reflective of the ACNC’s commitment to being a contemporary, friendly and engaging organisation. The bold coloured ribbons convey support, pride, spirit and unity.